Friday, June 28, 2013

Late Post Much?

So I was going to post something when I received my Paparazzi kit, like pics of course! Lol xD I spent the entire night and morning taking inventory and pre-setting up displays. (I didn't go to bed until 7am!!!) 

So then after work I was going to get on here and post some more information, and our computer crashed. Oops. So, now here I am, 3 days after my kit arrived and I'm just now posting about it. (Feels like I've had it longer) I had my first open house style party Thursday, 6/27/13 from 5pm-8pm. I wasn't expecting much turn out- but I have some support from friends and family that turned it into a great turnout! Don't forget to invite family to your Paparazzi parties!! Even if you think "Oh they won't wear it" they may surprise you or just want to support you.

So I had an unfortunately small amount of items displayed because I didn't realize how much space the jewelry would take up- silly me:p - so I only had about 26 of Paparazzi's necklaces displayed, most of the earrings I had (20 + all of the SS pieces), all of my bracelets except 1 (duplicate) displayed, half of my headbands and half of the bows, and all of the rings (which sold wonderfully.) My next set up is tomorrow, which I'm super excited because I think we will have ALOT more foot traffic since we have Thirty-one, Gourmet Kitchen, and a Tupperware vendor setting up:] I really want to sell alot, which I'm sure everyone does.. lol. and I want to book parties!

From my first event we brought in right under $200, and that was with 5 sales (a few other people showed up but said they wanted to come back Saturday since they would be paid Friday.) I also have 1 regular party booked and 1 basket party booked. I'm hoping to double what we did Thursday on this open house Tomorrow, fingers crossed:]

I have an awesome plan for my layout tomorrow so hopefully I can pull it off:] I'm going to go to start set-up at 6:30am (the other vendors will arrive at 7am, but my mom is the manager for the place that has the community room we are using) so I can re-arrange some furniture, and so I'm not blocking anyone elses set ups- they'll be able to pick space around the area I'll be at (no set places here, this isn't a paid for type of vendor event, just some consultants getting together and pulling in customers for each other and the public, hopefully, lol.) And I'm choosing to set up in the little cubby in the room, where there is a door that I want to have open to encourage people to walk right through my booth to  look around and get to other booths, or to leave out the door right by me and there is no way you can miss the jewelry:] (There are two doors to the community room that will be open, pretty much right next to each other, I'll just be hogging the one entrance/exit) I'll post some pics and let you know if I believe it increased my sales any:]

I felt really dis-organized on Thursday and was slightly all over the place ALOT:[ I need to learn to control myself xD lol. I hope tomorrow, even if it may be busier, that I'm atleast less crazy:] Did anyone else feel this way with party number 1? Well I'm sure I'll chillax after a few parties and get warmed up to the idea, hopefully:p lol:]

Check out my pics of my first Paparazzi event (with the little amount I displayed) and then with my event tomorrow morning I'll post new pics of how one party and alittle brainstorming can improve your layout alot:] And I'll have to get a better pic of the hair-clip tree I created, its a three tier vase holding hair clips. The bottom tier is just the vase itself, the middle tier is a Chip can (Pringles) and the top tier is a paper towel tube.    





No comments:

Post a Comment